Saturday, May 10, 2014

Beauty Foods for a Happy and Healthy Summer!

Hello Everyone!

We are rounding the corner to summer, and do you know what that means? Delicious fruits, vegetables, melons and fresh creations to feed your body! Consuming nutritious food not only fights against illness, but gives the body energy, balances the pH levels, and lets beauty shine through silky hair, strong nails, hydrated skin and a fresh face.

When I consume “super foods”, I not only notice a difference in the way I feel but my skin tone evens out, blemishes clear up, dark circles lessen, nails and hair become stronger and I just seem to have a healthy glow. I wanted to share some of my favorite super foods that enhance beauty, so all my readers can have a happy healthy summer!

-       Kale: full of nutrients, antioxidants, loaded with vitamins that help prevent cancer, keep your eyes healthy and help rid the body of toxins. With a low calorie count and high in fiber its delicious in smoothies, salads and even cooked.

-       Quinoa: This has been climbing in popularity recently and for good reason. Quinoa is a seed, but tastes and cooks very similar to grain. It is great for vegetarians or individuals who want to limit their meat intake because a serving of quinoa is a complete protein. It is very high in nutrients containing iron, magnesium and vitamin B2, which all help with brain function, metabolism and energy.

-       Spinach: I love spinach it contains lutein, which helps keep your eyes beautiful and healthy!

-       Tomatoes: They are great for summer because they protect the skin from damaging UV rays from the sun. They also help prevent cancers like, stomach, pancreatic, ovarian and prostate.

-       Blueberries: These are the #1 food, loaded with antioxidants that help prevent damage to your skin which can help create a brighter, wrinkle free complexion.

-       Chia Seeds: Are tasteless, but contain omega 3 fatty acids which help with brain function, strengthen your hair and nails and create a glowing complexion. Toss them into a smoothie, yogurt, or even into your juice!

-       Avocados: Avocados are amazing for not only eating, but as a face or hair mask. They contain healthy fats that help the body get rid of stored fat, especially in the belly region. They contain vitamins C,K and B6.

-       Coconut oil: Is another beauty must have, not only to consume but as a hair mask, makeup remover, moisturizer etc. It contains healthy fats that the body can metabolize efficiently, creating energy and never storing it in your body.

-       Kombucha: This is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE. It is a probiotic drink fermented from cultured bacteria and yeast. Sounds disgusting right? It is absolutely delicious, but if you are not a fan of vinegar you might not like this. Some flavors contain a stronger vinegar taste than others but my favorite is Gingerade, it is very gingery and lemony, very refreshing. Probiotics are very important because they let the body store healthy bacteria in your gut, which helps with digestion, strengthen your immune system and increase energy levels. If you don’t like kombucha, you can by supplements for this.

RECIPE


Watermelon, radish and Avocado Tacos are one of my favorite go to meals in the summer. Sounds interesting, right? I was skeptical when I first discovered it a few years ago, but I made it for my family and they loved it! The recipe can be found here at,  Real Girls Kitchen.

This is a blog run by Hayley Duff, the older sister of Hilary Duff. She also has a Real Girls Kitchen Cookbook that came out in October. All the recipes are very unique, simple and your tummy with thank you!

For Easter, I made this into a salad and it was a hit! It is very versatile, colorful and different!

I hope you enjoy! Have a healthy and Delicious Summer!

Anna xx




What I’m listening to: Beat of the Music, by: Brett Eldredge
Its very Nashville of me, I know but this song is great to blast with the windows down on a gorgeous sunny day! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love most of these foods besides avo and that is just because I am allergic to it! Nice post - hope to see more from you xxx

    New follower x

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete