Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Homemade Hair Mask!


Hello Beautiful readers,
Today, I wanted to share one of my favorite homemade hair masks which I use once a week along with a plain coconut oil treatment. This is a really simple recipe with ingredients you can find all around your home! What you will need: 1 Avocado, 1/2 Banana, 1 Egg, 1-2 Tbs Honey, 2 Tbs Coconut oil. You can experiment with the mixture depending on your hair length, I would categorize mine as long and this is a perfect amount for me. 
When you have combined all the ingredients blend it using a blender, ninja, food processor etc. You want it all to combine nicely. One of my favorite things about this mask is the texture, I've made other masks and they were either to runny, or chunky and it was not pleasant. This is a whipped texture that stays in your hair with no dripping and rinses out with no hassle. 
Apply this mixture to hair until it is all covered, use a plastic bag to cover your head so the mask won't get on your towel, then wrap your head in a towel and let it sit! : )
I love doing this mask on a lazy day when I have no where to be, I am able to leave it in my hair for hours while cleaning, doing homework or watching a movie. You don't need to leave it in for long, just 20 minutes and wash it out. When ready to rinse use cold water then a hair cleansing shampoo, this will help rid the hair of build up from the mask, and other hair products, condition, and you will be good to go :)
If you can, let your hair air dry without brushing it. This will help restore your hair without breakage when your hair is wet. 
Enjoy!
Anna x
Instagram: @BeautyyPieBlog
Twitter: @BeautyyPieBlog

4 comments:

  1. This looks pretty easy to make. Sounds really good for hair too. Maybe I'll try it :)

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super easy and makes your hair shiny/strong! :)

      Delete
  2. A great budget alternative to a bought product, will be giving this a try! x

    The Beauty Scrapbook

    ReplyDelete
  3. It actually looks like I could eat it! aha
    Make sure to check out my blog!

    MAJOTRON.BLOGSPOT.CO.UK

    ReplyDelete