Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Healthy Delicious Brownies?! What?! YUM!




            I have heard about avocado brownies, but they just did not sound appealing. I love healthy desserts, and I LOVE FUDGY Brownies but it can be difficult to achieve a healthy version for your sweet tooth! These are actually amazing, I judged and if I hadn't my sweet tooth and waistline would've thanked me awhile ago! The only advice I have is, eat them after they cool down, you won’t taste the avocado at all and the chocolate chips are still gooey! There is no butter or sugar in this recipe, but you would have no idea! With a large piece less than 150 calories your tastebuds will be jumping with joy!

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

What you will need: * 1 Avocado, 3 Medium Eggs (or Egg Beaters), 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour, 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, 1/3 Cup Boiling Water, 1 Tbsp  Vanilla Extract, 5.3 oz Chobani Vanilla Yogurt, 5 Packets Stevia, 3 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips, 3 Tbsp Honey, 2 Tbsp unsweetened Apple Sauce and ***Optional: 2-3 Tbsp Chia and Flax Seed Decadent Blend.
First you cut and dice the avocado, then crack the eggs and mix together adding the vanilla. I used my little blender then added it to a big bowl.
Next you want to add your unsweetened cocoa powder, Vanilla yogurt, Honey, flour and Flax/Chia mixture, applesauce, 5 packets of stevia and boiling water. You can then fold in your chocolate chips or place them on the top. 
Grease a baking dish and pour the batter in, place them in the oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, smaller pan you'll have to keep them in a few extra minutes! To test if they are done, stick a knife or tooth pick in the middle if it comes out clean then they are done!

I'm sorry I don't have a picture of the finished product! They were made on a Friday night and were devoured on Friday night. My roommates loved them and I kept it to myself they had avocado until I knew they were a hit! They were so surprised, two people at my apartment that night hate avocados but really enjoyed the brownies (They had seconds!)
You will want to store these in the fridge, keeping them cold makes them last longer and enhances the chocolate in them! YUM!

Let me know if you've tried them, or what you think!! I would love to see your pictures! :)

Enjoy! Anna xx

Follow me on Instagram: @BeautyyPieBlog


2 comments:

  1. Avocado brownies certainly does sound a bit odd but I'm definitely going to have to give them a go! Thanks for sharing :)

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I was very hesitant to try them but I'm so glad I did! Let me know what you think :) xx

      Delete